• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Any Red Dead Redemption Fans

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC / Powerbook / Ipad 3
I have to say, I have always been a fan of the Old West, this game is really great. Im glad they took long to make it look good. GREAT JOB ROCK STAR GAMES!

Anyone else playing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac: 3.06GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 4GB Memory | 1TB HD | ATI Radeon 4670 256MB | iPhone (1st gen)
I absolutely LOVE this game. Blows GTA Vice City out of the water and that was by far my favorite of theirs for a long time :) Though I'm using the cheats so I can't save xD I plan to play it a bit more in a bit :) I wanna get that real fast black horse (love Fresians and whatnot). So YES I'm playing it :D

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I absolutely LOVE this game. Blows GTA Vice City out of the water and that was by far my favorite of theirs for a long time :) Though I'm using the cheats so I can't save xD I plan to play it a bit more in a bit :) I wanna get that real fast black horse (love Fresians and whatnot). So YES I'm playing it :D

I havent used any cheats yet, i usually like playing the game legit until end then i usually use them lol, WOW I havent seen the fast black horse yet.

See you online Bukarooo LOL

Reaction score
Bought it the day it came out, this game is amazing. I never played Red Dead Revolver (the first one) Not sure if it has any relation to the story.

But anyways everything about this game rocks, Rockstar is amazing. I am playing single player without cheating as well, and its sweet so far, I think I am like almost 40% done with the mail game (according to the stats in the pause menu). THere is so much side stuff you can do to keep busy. THis game is definetly 20-30 hours. 5 stars from me!

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Bought it the day it came out, this game is amazing. I never played Red Dead Revolver (the first one) Not sure if it has any relation to the story.

But anyways everything about this game rocks, Rockstar is amazing. I am playing single player without cheating as well, and its sweet so far, I think I am like almost 40% done with the mail game (according to the stats in the pause menu). THere is so much side stuff you can do to keep busy. THis game is definetly 20-30 hours. 5 stars from me!

You think your done... but its a long game... and yes in revolver he ran with the gang hes now hunting... i wanna play the online I hear its fun but alot of cheaters lol

Reaction score
You think your done... but its a long game... and yes in revolver he ran with the gang hes now hunting... i wanna play the online I hear its fun but alot of cheaters lol

Yeah there is so much to do, from all the side quests to gathering everything to unlock every suit to taking out enemy gangs, etc. etc. etc. Yeah the online seems cool, I usually do that after I beat a game, but if there are a lot of cheaters count me out! I'm not down with that, takes the fun outta things.

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
One problem i do have with this game is I dont think they should have added todays swear words to the game, all it does is take away the authentic of the game..
Dont get me wrong I swear like a trucker sometimes, but having the cowboys in the game using todays curse words... is dumb.... and for the record i spent a while looking up if they used those words in the old west and I couldent find anything close. LOL sorry for being picky lol

Reaction score
One problem i do have with this game is I dont think they should have added todays swear words to the game, all it does is take away the authentic of the game..
Dont get me wrong I swear like a trucker sometimes, but having the cowboys in the game using todays curse words... is dumb.... and for the record i spent a while looking up if they used those words in the old west and I couldent find anything close. LOL sorry for being picky lol

Paying $59.99 for a game you can be picky lol. I get what you mean tho, there are a few minor little nit picky things that I've come across too that bug me. I cannot name them off the top of my head at the moment tho, my brains shot from all the math and what not I've been doing today. ( I am a mechanical engineer for those curious) lol:Smirk:

Reaction score
Picking it up around next week. I'm surprised to find nearly 0 bad comments about it, the critics seem to love it as well. Not a huge fan of the genre but I have an open mind and am willing to give it a try.

Reaction score
Picking it up around next week. I'm surprised to find nearly 0 bad comments about it, the critics seem to love it as well. Not a huge fan of the genre but I have an open mind and am willing to give it a try.

I am not a huge wild western movie fan or fan of the wild west really that much at all. But when I saw the videos and images and previews for this game, it changed my outlook a little bit. The game is outstanding. I believe most gaming sites gave it a 9.5/10 or higher, which is phenominal.

OP
macjuicy23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am not a huge wild western movie fan or fan of the wild west really that much at all. But when I saw the videos and images and previews for this game, it changed my outlook a little bit. The game is outstanding. I believe most gaming sites gave it a 9.5/10 or higher, which is phenominal.

The closest i have ever been to the Old West is the grand Canyon, but the realism of the game is awesome... example your riding thru a plain then all of a sudden to your right you see cattle rustlers, a lynch mob ready to hang some guy caravans of settlers getting robbed... there is so much to do and its just so much fun to play... I have been playing since the release and I dont see an end in site thats how much content it has...And i still havent tried online yet

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.