• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Hey There

Reaction score
Greetings everyone, from a fellow switcher. :)

I've been thinking of gettin a mac for a few years. I'm an average geek, and love to play with my equipment, tools, etc. So I prefered to choose parts, get them together, build up fancy cases, etc. Did not wanted to have the ease and simplicity of a MAC for years. After getting highschool, I began to take things seriously, I needed to get better on my interests, get something better than average hobbys.

Now I'm in college, pursuing a degree in engineering, needed a better platform to work on, so I've gotten a MacBook Pro 5.5, both extremely portable and powerful. Snuffed arround for last three months, settled myself in, and ready for some serious work.

I'm a good all-rounder, though I try hard to avoid turning into a "jack of all trades, master of none" type. Anyway, I have some variety of interest, I might bore you with questions for some time, but I'll be a keen listener also. I value discussion and learning real high, so I hope to learn something from you, and teach a bit, if I can.

Well, I said much, told enough, so, hey.
:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Hey! Welcome. You'll learn a lot on this site. I come here to help others, and to learn more; probably more of the latter!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
Well you should be more than happy to hear that autoCAD is coming to mac soonish

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Welcome aboard and glad to have you here. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.