Browser?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X 10.6 3.o6 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I need to use a site that says it works best with firefox. Does firefox work well on a Mac? I used it on my windows computer and I think that is where I got my virus that wiped out my pc. And thanks for all of the help you guys give , it's great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
Yes, Firefox works just great with Mac I use it all the time. Don't worry about Virii as there is very very little chance of ever getting one on a Mac.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS X 10.6 3.o6 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
ok, thanks! I am off to download firefox then, and then to set up my small business on intuit! Have a great day!:D

Reaction score
Yeah, Firefox works just fine. Quite stable, fast and secure, also highly customisable.

But a site that claims to work best on Firefox doesn't just work on Firefox, default Safari and free Opera works really good as well. They have own advantages and disadvantages, so give them a try.

I use Safari most of the time, and keep Firefox nearby all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
And besides, it wasn't Firefox that infected your PC. It was something you accessed while using Firefox. The same thing would have occurred with that site with a different browser.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
There's actually zero chance of getting one on a Mac, since to install anything at a system level you will be prompted for your password. If you install it yourself, then it isn't a virus. It's just malware.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.