Hard drive swap out

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Last night i stupidly went and ran a script on my mac book pro 13" that seems to have totally screwed up my entire OS. I basically cannot access any network settings, or connect any external devices so Im pretty screwed.

I was wondering if I removed my hard drive and placed it into an enclosure case, could it still be read by another mac with the same OS?

If anyone has had something similar happen to them, id love to hear how you fixed it.

cheers

PMG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Welcome to the Forum. Will it start in Target mode? Hold T key after powering on. Firewire symbol appears on screen if u are in target mode. If you get that far and are real lucky you may be able to deal to the HD from another Mac thru Firewire.

OP
P
Reaction score
So i can explore the hard drive that way?

I basically just need to get my emails from the drive, as well as some other files, before doing a full reinstall.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
In the interests of troubleshooting you could start MBP in Target mode and connect it to another mac, then start other Mac and hold Option key. If you then see the choice of booting off either of 2 HDs then select your MBP HD and hope it boots. If that does not work go back to above option and the HD of MBP will appear on desktop of booted Mac. then copy essential data.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.