Hi,

Im a little worried about my MBP

Some details

Late '09 17" MBP Unibod
SL 10.6.3
2.8ghz
4gb
500gb - 465gb free

Last week Safari (4.0.5) was really slow and freezing so I ran the disk utility and there were a few incorrect permissions that were fixed. It then completely froze and I had to shut it down and on restart I got a flashing ? with a blue screen.

After some new underwear lol I used the SL disk and everything was fine and back to being lighting quick.

Ive noticed tonight that its slowing down again and checked permissions. I got the same problems -

Screenshot2010-05-27at004121.jpg

It says that they have been repaired but I decided to run it again and the problems were there again with the same message saying they were repaired. Ill bet they are back again !!

I use my MBP for photo editing (Very big files sometimes) and surfing the web. I keep nearly all of my files on an external drive so the hard drive has plenty of room left for location shoots if needed.

Do you guys know what these permissions problems are and if I should be worried.

Thanks J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Hmm. I wouldn't be worried, but it is a pain, and strange too.
Obviously there seems to be a Java issue there.
Have a read of this great article:

Troubleshooting permissions issues in Mac OS X

Lots of useful info there.

BTW. Congrats on the awards!

OP
Jbob
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro (2009)
Hmm. I wouldn't be worried, but it is a pain, and strange too.
Obviously there seems to be a Java issue there.
Have a read of this great article:

Troubleshooting permissions issues in Mac OS X

Lots of useful info there.

BTW. Congrats on the awards!

Everything seems to be running nice and fast, even working with 4gb+ files in CS4. I'll see how it goes lol

.... and thank you :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.