Monitors for gaming

Reaction score
So this isn't apple specific in any way, but I need some help and its computer related and I'm a member here.
So i need to buy a new monitor and I've been looking at ones with HDMI slots so i can plug my xbox in too.

LG 21.5" Widescreen LCD Monitor With 2ms Response Time (W2253V) - Black - Future Shop

Thats the monitor I'm thinking of getting and it has an HDMI slot, but my worry is about audio. If anyone uses a monitor for gaming, maybe they can tell me if the monitor provides audio, or if not, how they get audio for gaming.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So this isn't apple specific in any way, but I need some help and its computer related and I'm a member here.

We are all members here...so you get no special treatment!;)

If anyone uses a monitor for gaming, maybe they can tell me if the monitor provides audio, or if not, how they get audio for gaming.

Most folks (who are serious about their sound) use external speakers for gaming or anything else. I don't think I've seen a computer monitor that has decent speakers...or at least speakers that are better than even low cost external speakers.

HTH,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7
i do not recommend Lg monitors , the quality is not good , the image is not as sharp as its should be and the lifespan is shorter that any other makers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.