Recover deleted files?

Reaction score
So I decided to put all my music on my external yesterday to make space on my comp. When the transfer was complete, I then deleted the music files off my computer. This morning I go onto my external, to where I had thought I put my music files, and to my dismay not all my music files transfered over.

So question: is there any way I can recover my deleted music files? Mind you I deleted them from my computer and emptied my trash..I'm running OSX 10.4 and do not have time machine. Please help if you can. Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First thing to do is stop using the hard drive. Using the drive endangers any files that have been deleted as they can be overwritten by new data.

Second, you're going to need to use data recovery software which can be a bit expensive but well worth it if it works. What I suggest is downloading a trial copy to see if it can recover your music files. If it can, pay for a license.

I recommend Data Rescue III. As I stated above, download the trial copy first.

Let us know.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.