How to Develop an iPad App

Reaction score
I am looking to develop an app for the iPad. There are various things I want in this utility app.
1. Books (and a bookshelf.)
2. A Notepad/Journal sort of thing.
3. Timer.
4. A way to purchase additional books in-app.

Those are the features I am currently considering. I have no experience in programming. Is there a book I could get to walk me through it? Or is there an object-based program I could use to do this?

Thanks!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
That sounds very similar to, if not exactly, like iBooks and Apple doesn't like you to re-create applications that compete DIRECTLY with what they've created. So should you actually create this app, it's unlikely that it'd get approved..

There is no particular walk-thru but there are lot of books that deal with the different things that go into creating an application for the iPhone OS (that runs on iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad), so that'd be a start.

First you should learn how to program in Objetive-C, then the Cocoa Touch framework used by iPhone OS to create your application.

And yes it's object-oriented..

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.