Email problem

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm new here and have abit of a query with regards to my email account that I access via my PC and sometimes my iphone.

If I have any new emails as soon as I log into msn messenger it alerts me to tell me that I have new emails in my inbox. So I read them. Then I can guarantee that if I press the "mail" app at the bottom of my iphone (setup to my hotmail account) it show that the emails I have just opened on my PC have not been opened. Why is this?

Is there anyway I can change it so that when I open my emails on PC or on the iphone that they look like tey have been opened on the other?

Many thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not sure you can do this with Hotmail... but if you use IMAP versus POP for your email account, it will do that automatically. I use GMail and it works that way.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.