Combine PDF files?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 21.5" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM NVIDIA GeForce 9400
Hi guys.

I have 6 pdf files here. They are 6 pages I have scanned.

I would like to combine it all into 1 document, so I can scroll down through all 6 pages at once as a .pdf.

Can anyone help?

Cheers!

OP
weemax
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Maybe I'm being dumb (probably) but I cant get that to work. I open up 2 of the pdf files, view the sidebars & drag the second icon into the first sidebar. I still have to select the pages separately from the sidebar. I cant scroll down through the pages & I can't seem to save it either.

Has anyone any ideas? :(

EDIT: Sorted now. I had to drag the files on top of the other files in the sidebar & not just into the side bar as I had been doing.

Thanks for the help :)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
This is what I do when I want to merge multiple pages.

1. Open the files at the same time in preview. (Put them in a folder and just drag and drop the folder onto preview in your dock.)
2. Once preview opens you should see your side bar with the files. Click on one of them and then press "Command +A" to select all the pages.
3. Go to the drop down menu bar under File and then select print selected pages.
4. Then look for "PDF" in the lower left hand corner. From there you just click on it and you should see more options. You want "Save as PDF...".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
There are a bunch of free tools and automator scripts that can also do this for you...

OP
weemax
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Cheers guys, very helpful indeed. Thank you!

Reaction score
Weemax,

Thank you for this post. I had the exact same frustration. I kept dragging files into the side bar and it wouldn't let me save them all together. As you stated, you have to drag the files on top of each other in the Preview sidebar window. I wish it was a little more obvious that you are suppose to drag on top of each other.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Weemax,

Thank you for this post. I had the exact same frustration. I kept dragging files into the side bar and it wouldn't let me save them all together. As you stated, you have to drag the files on top of each other in the Preview sidebar window. I wish it was a little more obvious that you are suppose to drag on top of each other.
Actually that is a change in the latest iterations of Preview (I think starting with Snow Leopard--though I can't remember exactly when). It hasn't been all that long ago that dropping them into the sidebar worked fine--and I have no idea why they made the change.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.