• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Marty Cooper on the communicators.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Came across this on Youtube unless your a big time phone geek, you probably won't like this video. He makes some very interesting points,Also goes into the history of the cell phone. 99% of people don't even know who this guy is,but they should.

YouTube - The Communicators: Martin Cooper

Martin Cooper, the inventor of the mobile cell phone, tells "The Communicators" about the current state of the wireless industry. Program from Saturday, March 6, 2010.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Great find! I really enjoyed the entire discussion. I'm also amazed at how well Marty Cooper presented himself - the guy is 80 years old!

How would you like to own one of those prototype cell phones he made? 2 Lbs and a battery lasting only 20 minutes. :)

Thanks for sharing.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Watched this yesterday. As for the prototypes, I have this near my desk..

4640970001_a1f460a04c_o.jpg

OP
bargsbeer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Watched this yesterday. As for the prototypes, I have this near my desk..

4640970001_a1f460a04c_o.jpg

LOL, Micky I Gotta give credit where it's due I actually found this on your Facebook page yesterday O:)

BTW: does it still work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Aha.! I see. No mate, its a dummy, its actually a replicate which houses an N97 in the front of it.

OP
bargsbeer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aha.! I see. No mate, its a dummy, its actually a replicate which houses an N97 in the front of it.

I would have thought it's real,Given all your connections with Nokia.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.