Which is best Newsreader for MAC & Newsdemon?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17"
Need a news reader for Newsdemon. Just switched to MAC.
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I've not done Usenet in quite some time now, but Hogwasher was my favorite for the Mac. However, it hasn't seen an update in years. Unison and MacSOUP are two that I'm familiar with that have been generally held in high regard and are still actively maintained.
Search - VersionTracker

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17"
Newsreader

Thanks for the reply I will look a few of them over. I tried something called Panic, it works, but very strange. Not what I am used to, I liked NewsRover, but it is not for Mac's.
Regarding MAC vs Mac, I do not know what this Power Book is yet, I just got it yesterday and I am still trying to figure out how it works and where everything is.
Thanks again, Charles

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Thanks for the reply I will look a few of them over. I tried something called Panic, it works, but very strange. Not what I am used to, I liked NewsRover, but it is not for Mac's.

Unison is made by Panic. Yes, it is a little odd. I didn't care for it much myself, but they have developed it quite a bit since I last used it and it probably has the fastest learning curve. As I said, my personal favorite was Hogwasher, but it has a rather steep learning curve and isn't what I would call intuitive. I've never used News Rover, so I'm not sure what I would say is a good Mac analogy to it. My favorite back in my Windows days was Gravity.

Regarding MAC vs Mac, I do not know what this Power Book is yet, I just got it yesterday and I am still trying to figure out how it works and where everything is.
Thanks again, Charles

Well "Mac" is short for Macintosh. You are capitalizing "Mac" as if it was an acronym, like "PC" is an acronym for "Personal Computer". It's a pet peeve. O:)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I use Thunderbird by Mozilla. (The same folks who gave us Firefox.) Just came out with a new version, give it a try. It's free.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.