Bye Bye OS 9

V

vflytrap

I am ready to get rid of all my OS 9 junk. I bought my Mac when they still shipped 9 with Jaguar, and hopefully I will be upgrading to Panther in the near future and I want to free up some room on my HD and get rid of everything from OS9. Is this a bad idea? I haven't used it in AGES and none of my apps are using it... if it's not a bad idea, how should I go about doing it effectively?

Thanks!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" iMac G4 800MHz 1GB RAM
Nope, you can do this and feel safe. The only problem is, you won't have classic AT ALL. So if yo delete your OS9 stuff, you will not be able to use any OS9/Classic stuff. I would hold onto 9 for a while. It only takes up like 800MB or something, and is a life saver when you run into legacy apps.

Just my $.02.

OP
V

vflytrap

okay - great! I didn't know it was such a small file. Thanks for the advice!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
I actually launch it and play around every now and then just because I like the "old-school" look and feel. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.