Need some help deciding which MBP to get

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 160GB Black, iPod Touch 16GB, iPhone 3G 8GB Black, iPod Video 30GB Black
Hi all!
I'm new to the whole Mac scene, I've primarily been a Windows guy my whole life. But as of late I've been wanting a Macbook Pro to replace my terrible HP laptop. More or less for Final Cut, because that's the editing software I learned how to edit with in High School. But anywho, I can't decide between a new MBP 13" or this refurbished MBP: Refurbished MacBook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - Apple Store (U.S.)
I'll primarily be using it for school, MS Office, internet, and the likes, but I would also like to use it for Video editing with Final Cut, and possibly some Photoshop work every once in a blue moon. The Photoshop and Final Cut work is just purely for fun, I'm not really good at either, but I enjoy using them. It also doesn't help that Apples running the Free iPod thing now.
So which would you guys suggest?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP mid 2009 - 2.8 ghz 4 GB Ram, 500 gb HDD ; iPhone 3G 16GB White , iPhone 4 32GB Black,
If you need to use Final Cut, then I would go with the 2.4 GHz since it has two graphic cards. On the other hand if you don't really need this too much, but need a new ipod, then I would go with that direction.

I think Final Cut should work on the 13" as well, though it might be a bit slower.

OP
Slygathor
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 160GB Black, iPod Touch 16GB, iPhone 3G 8GB Black, iPod Video 30GB Black
Cool, although I should have mentioned I'm not going to be using Final Cut studio, I plan on using Final Cut Express, because it's cheaper and I'm not a professional editor or anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.