Is it True that Apple Will Only Replace Iphone with Old Refurbished Phones???

Reaction score
i am still under my 1 year warranty...ive been having on going issues with my phone..

the phone doesnt ring when people call me. it goes straight to voicemail.
sometimes ill get a new voicemail and the phone wont even have rang

i talked to at&t about it and they told me to try putting the sim card in another phone and see if fthe problem persists. the problem doesnt persist so i know its the phone..

in that scenario even if apple swaps out my phone for me...will they be giving me a new phone or a refurbished phone? i was told from some that they dont swap out for new phones?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Refurbished. Just like many other manufactures.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you're in the first 14 days or so of ownership, then an Apple store might swap it out for a new one.

If you're 10 months into it, refurb.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
I never understand why people complain about this stuff. Okay so the manufacture says yeah I'll repair that phone for you, takes it away and your with out a phone for about 4 weeks then you get your phone back complete with all your scratches and stuff.

Or the manufacture can save you the 4 weeks with out a phone a give you one they have already repaired. And as a bonus the refurbished phones usually get a new case so theres no scratches or anything.

You are getting a better deal by getting a refurbished phone than if they repaired yours. No company will just swap out anything over say $100, they are gonna want to repair it.

OP
M
Reaction score
I never understand why people complain about this stuff. Okay so the manufacture says yeah I'll repair that phone for you, takes it away and your with out a phone for about 4 weeks then you get your phone back complete with all your scratches and stuff.

Or the manufacture can save you the 4 weeks with out a phone a give you one they have already repaired. And as a bonus the refurbished phones usually get a new case so theres no scratches or anything.

You are getting a better deal by getting a refurbished phone than if they repaired yours. No company will just swap out anything over say $100, they are gonna want to repair it.

then why in the warranty does it say:

352q5a9.png

"Exchange the product with a new or refurbished product"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iM ac,13.3" Aluminium Unibody Macbook, iPhone 4
It's apples discretion. Obviously if you had it for a few days and it broke there going to give you a new one, as good will. But after that it will be a refurbished unit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Whats the issue with a refurb? If you put one side by side with a brand new one, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. It's not like it's scratched up or anything it's basically brand new.

Reaction score
Whats the issue with a refurb? If you put one side by side with a brand new one, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. It's not like it's scratched up or anything it's basically brand new.

"Basically brand new" being the operative words here.

It's really just a matter of opinion. Since it was previously used, and was sent in to be repaired, perception says that it's not as good as a brand new, fresh out of the box phone. Plus, you always hear stories about refurbished goods not lasting long/coming in broken form or whatever. I've actually had refurbished goods before, and most of them are just as good as a brand new item, but I've had a couple of occasions where I received a refurb that wasn't good enough in my opinion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.66Ghz C2D 4GB ram 320GB HDD
Well, who ever has a 3G iphone from what i've heard is only the 3GS will be receiving the OS4 update and support for the 3G was killed just recently. All 3G models are being converted to 3GS refurbs. So i guess its update or suffer for 3G users.

Next time you go for a refurb 3G you may walk away with a refurb 3GS.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.