Charged it full, but said it's low...

B

Billy

Is it normal on my Powerbook, that everytime I charge it full, when I go to use it, it say that I'm running low on battery, preserve whatever I'm doing....blah blah blah? I click ok and continue using it. The Powerbook operates like normal after that. I just want to know if anyone have similar occurance. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
how old is your powerbook and battery?

try draining until it goes to sleep and then recharging the battery....avoid keeping the battery in when it is plugged into the wall...
-chris

OP
B

Billy

brought the powerbook in early january this year and the battery wasnt on the recall list when i entered the serial number. pretty on a daily basis, i charged it full, use it until 5%-10% , and then go recharge it. sometimes, i will use it with it still in the charger. i think i will contact applecare to see if anything they can do for me. i already have problem with my trackpad earlier and often it will repeat the same problem where the curser would stay and if i move my finger, it would bounce back to the same place. also, at times, my screen would blank out when i turn it on. i can hear it starting up, but the screen is blank. for some reason, i believe this "new" powerbook was repackaged and sold as new. I got the last inventory before the updated powerboook came out. It wasnt shipped from China like everyone else, but instead here in California. Is there anyway to know wheather your powerbook was sold before and repackaged based on the serial numbers?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I don't believe you can really know if your system was repackaged system. Unless you see a major difference in the first verses the second system. Like a serial number changed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
my system does that to, i just take it as a glitch and continue using it since it really is not on reserve battery power, and It still works and my batery meter goes back to being accurate after a little while of use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Its probably just a glitch in tiger. if thats what your using.. or your battery is getting old, or its a defective battery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
rman said:
I don't believe you can really know if your system was repackaged system. Unless you see a major difference in the first verses the second system. Like a serial number changed.

If it is refurbished/repackaged they issue a new serial number. There should be a sticker somewhere (usually under the keyboard) that will say "refurb" on it with the new serial number. The serial usually starts with "R" also.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.