Insight camera doesnt works

Reaction score
Hello Members, two days ago my insight camera got frozen, I was talking to my gf on skype at that time it suddenly got hanged out.. i tried even on photo-booth to open it but still it didnt got open. I tried many times on other forum to get the answer why it happened like that. Does any software got corrupted or is there any internal hardware problem with my cam. Please give me the solution. I even read the manuals but it didnt worked for me.

Reaction score
Hello Members, two days ago my insight camera got frozen, I was talking to my gf on skype at that time it suddenly got hanged out.. i tried even on photo-booth to open it but still it didnt got open. I tried many times on other forum to get the answer why it happened like that. Does any software got corrupted or is there any internal hardware problem with my cam. Please give me the solution. I even read the manuals but it didnt worked for me.

It sounds like the camera is the problem. (Internal Hardware).

Did you happen to set it down roughly, possibly drop it? Slam the lid shut too hard? There are other possible reasons, such as the driver for it became corrupted somehow. The possible fix would be to reinstall the driver. Someone here will need to walk you through that.

And it's called iSight FYI.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Have you tried shutting down the computer and restarting it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.