Imac 27": Do Displays Still Have Yellowing Problems?

Reaction score
I was reading a lengthy thread at macrumor.com about iMac 27" user problems with yellowing, usually revealed using grey scale tests. Have any recent iMac 27" owners in this forum had a problem with the yellowing displays? If so, please describe what it took to correct the problem. I would like to purchase one, but unsettled by the yellowing issue that seems to be continuing with machines built in April and early May.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13", 2.26 GHz, 2GB, 160GB. iPod touch 2nd gen, 8GB, 27" Core i7, 8GB, 1TB iMac
hmm. I read a review earlier today saying that the problem had been rectified, but I'll let ya know (I just ordered a 27" Core i7 today =] )

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The issue has been rectified as the number of people reporting this issue has drastically reduced or completely stopped.

You shouldn't have to worry about this anymore..I got my refurb'ed i7 27" iMac in late March and have had no issues with it..

Regards

Reaction score
Not to sure about the new ones but i received my 27 inch imac at the start of Feb problem free. And still to date it has no tinge, no dead pixels. Totally perfect :)

OP
L
Reaction score
That's good to hear...

...I was put off by reports from the thread at macrumor.com, which has accounts of yellowing displays well into this May. Question: How many of you with newer 27s have run the gray scale test to gauge yellowing?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
The yellow tinge is VERY visible without the need to run any specific test or anything..and I haven't seen any..it's likely safe to say the problem is fixed..

Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.