camcorder/wide angle lense

F

franks21

i am looking to buy a camcorder. Ive used a bunch of them from my school mostly canons and sonys and i like features on both but im tired of borrowing them and having to return them. I do a lot of editing and video of skateboarding and what not so i am also interested in a good wide angle lense. I am on a budget as im in highschool. any suggestions. thanks

nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
okay...your budget you are on is going to play a great role in your camera you chose and the wide angle lense...so what is it?

-chris

OP
T

Tel

What sort of focal length are we talking for wide angle? How wide do you want to go?

Reaction score
I own the Canon Optura 40 (Now replaced by the Optura 60). I LOVE IT. I used to own one of those canon ZR's, which was ok. I bought it when DV camcorders were first introduced at the consumer level (6 years or so ago).

Regardless of your price range, I am a huge fan of Canon. My TV class for school consistently has problems with both their sony and panasonic camcorders. Granted, the cameras are completely overused, but their canons don't have nearly as many problems. I would recommend sticking with Canon. Just my two cents.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.