Teach me how to Customize Mac OS X

Reaction score
Hello All! This is my First Post here on mac-Forums! So lets get the post racking up :D! Well any Way. i Moved to OS X about a Year ago and im still a newbie. Moving From a GNU/Linux background. Now in Linux Customizing is quick and easy.... in Mac OS X i only know how to change icons o.o. So Please give me tips and tricks how to customize OS X and make it look ridiculous! Thanks :D!

Change Dock colors
Bar at the top
a Conky equivalent for OS X
Desktop cube
and Everything and Anything!! Thanks you guys :D! <3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.53GHz Intel
Customize on.......OSX?

I'm afraid I can't help you there. I've only ever made my dock 2D and that was it. I personally would leave that kinda stuff to Linux and Windows and be happy with what Apple forces you with ;D.

On a last note you could try download the secrets pref pane.

Secrets

OP
N
Reaction score
Customize on.......OSX?

I'm afraid I can't help you there. I've only ever made my dock 2D and that was it. I personally would leave that kinda stuff to Linux and Windows and be happy with what Apple forces you with ;D.

On a last note you could try download the secrets pref pane.

Secrets

Thanks for the Info :D!... Still need some more on customizing keep em Coming Please!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Customize on.......OSX?
I personally would leave that kinda stuff to Linux and Windows and be happy with what Apple forces you with ;D.

+1

People, especially new to Mac people, end up with more headaches than it's worth. But, if you really want to up the number of Help! threads you post here, go ahead.... ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
download and mess with Geektool, neat to spice up your desktop..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
So Please give me tips and tricks how to customize OS X and make it look ridiculous!
Merriam Webster said:
ri·dic·u·lous:
Function: adjective
arousing or deserving ridicule : absurd, preposterous

Yeah, sorry, don't have any experience with that. I'm sure you can do that if you want, though....

Reaction score
Any user can customize the icons, screensaver, background, theme, and with Secrets, can do so much more such as go with a more darker metallic theme, 2D Dock, etc. If you want to get dirtier, go with GeekTool. Still not enough?

Do an internet search for Mac OS theme hacks. It involves quite a bit of attention to detail and know-how in computer language (programming). Check out the Images section, where you'll find the Archival link, which will then give you Desktop of the month and photo of the month. Browse through the desktop archives and you'll see what I mean. http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/archival-forum/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.