iTunes-moving from PC to MBP

Reaction score
I am about ready to power on my new MBP that I brought home on Friday...and start the transfer from PC to Mac...my biggest concern is all of my data that I purchased and have on the iTunes account on my PC laptop...
I was reading somewhere that once video is downloaded to iTunes on a PC- it can not be transferred to Mac b/c it is downloaded in Windows format? My PC laptop is the only authorized computer on my iTunes account- and I have my iPhone- which has all or most of my iTunes data on it too...
All I want to do it move the iTunes account and ALL of the audiobooks and video / some music- all were iTunes purchases- from over to the MacBook Pro- keeping the same log-in, passwords etc...is this possible? what is the least complicated way? Please forgive my ignorance- I have spent the last 2 days reading and researching and seem to be getting mixed info...Plus, I have been technologically traumatized by PC issues...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.4 GHz C2D/27" Core i7 iMac

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.