Sad iPad tale.

Reaction score
So I saved up and sold some stuff so I could have an iPad for my deployment.

Got the money, went to the Apple store...out of stock. Check the website, 7-10 days to ship.

I will be gone in that time! What are my options?

Reaction score
Put your name/email down on reserve lists at diff apple stores. Use multiple email addresses. Store are getting new stock faster than you think

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1
Or find one on eBay from a truster seller that has a Buy It Now option. You might get lucky if they can send it to you fast :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Cryo,

I was recently in the same boat as you. I reserved my iPad at the Apple Store and got it a week later on the dot. If that's not an option for you try Best Buy.

They don't get a lot of stock but they get them frequently. Maybe every other day. Not sure where you are, but out here they were getting their stock around 11:30 am. But you'll have to plan on being there early because it's first come first serve.

Good Luck man.

MMM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Have you tried Craigslist in your area? Most of the ones I've seen are marked up ridiculously, but you might get lucky. One guy in my city is selling a 16gb iPad for $300, sealed in box. But that might just be a teaser price to get people bidding against each other. Who knows?

Reaction score
I feel for ya. They were sold out where I'm at too. I ended up being lucky and found ONE at a MacLife store that I never knew existed. Good luck!

Reaction score
Put your name on the reserves list. I went in to look for mine on Thursday and they were out. Woke up friday morning to an email that it had arrived. Can't hurt, ya don't pay till ya actually get it. ;) good luck!

Reaction score
So I saved up and sold some stuff so I could have an iPad for my deployment.

Got the money, went to the Apple store...out of stock. Check the website, 7-10 days to ship.

I will be gone in that time! What are my options?

Definitely hit Best Buy. This this is perfect for deployment. I just got home last October and would have loved to have an iPad instead of humpin a laptop around. I wish you luck in your search and stay strong.

Reaction score
Deployment

Awesome, first time I can help someone!!
Start by getting the address of where your unit is going. Do not worry, for example, when we left to Afghanistan we only needed the address to Kandahar, they do not go by street names, bldg numbers, etc. Its just your unit, battalion, and Kandahar's APO (you can PM me for the rest) Your unit will have the battalion it falls under and everything already. It will take 7-10 days to get there, plus any waiting list time, so you will most likely be there when it gets there. Use that APO BOX website, they will work with you, trust me, they helped me alot, held my stuff, packaged it for APO friendly shipment, insurance, it's an awesome service. And if you are coming here to Kandy, look me up, I'll show you around, peace!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.