Duplicate Emails

H

hank1

This is a minor annoyance, but in the name of getting things tidy I'd sure like to find a fix.

In my eMac Mail application, I get two identical emails whenever something arrives in my Inbox.

If there's a solution to this, I'd love to hear it, and thanks.

Reaction score
do you use 2 computers? could be your leaving the option to leave a copy on your isp when ever you check your mail and your getting it twice dunno Maybe

OP
H

hank1

iNAP said:
do you use 2 computers? could be your leaving the option to leave a copy on your isp when ever you check your mail and your getting it twice dunno Maybe

Sounds plausable. I do use 2 computers: the eMac and a PC. Thanks. I'll check it out.

Could it be that I have in the Accounts>Advanced tab
Code:
Remove copy from server after retrieving a message
checked, but in the dropdown list I have it set for "After one month". I'm setting it to "Right away" and see how it goes. Maybe I'm reading this backwards and it shouldn't be checked at all.

Well, neither of those options work. I still get duplicates. Hmm...

Solved it. It was a rule sending duplicates to my Inbox. Edited the rule.

OP
V

vuschejan

One of my friends has the same problem, can you go through how you did it exactly?

OP
H

hank1

I'll try.

In Mail I went to Mail>Preferences>Rules.

I had only three rules, but one had a long list of things from apple.com.

I looked at the other three, and clicked Edit, but didn't see anything wrong. The apple.com just looked funny, and I figure I can go to the site for anything, so I simple deleted that rule.

I found the solution in Mail Help under Solving Problems>"Sending, receiving, and forwarding email". On the bottom right is another "Sending, receiving, and forwarding email". Click that and 4th from the bottom is "Messages I send or receive appear more than once in my mailbox". There are 5 possible solutions. Mine was the third, but your friend may have one of the others.

Hope this helps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.