Having problems after installing and then uninstalling windows 7 onto macbook??

Reaction score
Hey..

Recently i installed windows 7 onto my macbook using boot camp. All was fine and i could switch between the two easy.

I then installed it because i didn't want it anymore. Now, every time i turn on my macbook, i get a sign saying 'no bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key'.

It works when i hold the option key down when opening, but i want to get rid of this??

ALSO: INTERNET hasn't worked ever since i installed windows 7.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 15" / 2.6GHz / 16GB / 512GB
You probably have to start-up in Mac OS X. Find the Boot Camp Assistant (its in the Applications/Utilities folder) if I remember correctly.

From that assistant you should be able to completely remove the Windows partition.

You can also open system preferences and change the startup disk from there. So it starts from the Mac OS X partition.

Hope this helps

Reaction score
Hey..

Recently i installed windows 7 onto my macbook using boot camp. All was fine and i could switch between the two easy.

I then installed it because i didn't want it anymore. Now, every time i turn on my macbook, i get a sign saying 'no bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key'.

It works when i hold the option key down when opening, but i want to get rid of this??

ALSO: INTERNET hasn't worked ever since i installed windows 7.

Thanks.

If you don't want Windows 7 in your Mac anymore, you simply go to your disk utility in Mac OS and delete your bootcamp partition or expand your Mac Os partition to overlap the bootcamp. There shouldn't really be any "uninstalling" involved.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you don't want Windows 7 in your Mac anymore, you simply go to your disk utility in Mac OS and delete your bootcamp partition or expand your Mac Os partition to overlap the bootcamp. There shouldn't really be any "uninstalling" involved.

That is NOT the correct way to remove a Boot Camp partition. Strukt told her the proper way to do it and that is to use the removal feature of the Boot Camp assistant. Messing with Disk Utility, especially if not done properly can only lead to trouble and possibly having to reinstall OS X.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.