Best email programme?

S

Skarss

Based on your experience what is the best email programme? Eudora, iMail or Entourage? What sort of stuff that the other email programme can and cannot do?
:dummy:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I like mail the best. Its the least cluttered interface, best junk mail protection and very easy to use.

If I had more use for scheduling things I would use Entourage but its just got too much stuff I don't need

I am not a fan of Eudora on mac's, much better on PC's imo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i like using mail it does enough for me.

btw...it is Mail and not iMail
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I personally like Entourage, but I hear that mail has gotten a lot better in Tiger, so once I switch to Tiger then I am going to try Mail again.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Being an old unix man, I use just plain mail.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
Thunderbird for me, does what i need

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
I used entourage until I upgraded to tiger and then I switched to Mail... Mostly for the cleaner interface and it reads email containing large databases much faster.

Reaction score
I think mail in Tiger is so cool I have rules for all my email and it devides up nicely in it's own separate folders I get a lot of stuff that get confusing to keep track without Rules

mac forums.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D
another vote for Mail in Tiger. Now that I've gotten around to figuring out my smart mailboxes and an outgoing smtp server I love it.

OP
M

mangoSharingan

I like Mail the best. Entourage was a bit too slow for me, especially when deleting mail from your inbox.

OP
B

Bob t'carpenter

I found Entourage worked the best with my employers imap system, but I'm not fond of the interface. Since getting Tiger I've moved to Mail, like some of those above. It works very nearly as well - just one irritating thing, it keeps trying to get access to some inaccessible mailbox called "spam sample" after getting all the mail from other folders, then sending 2 messages to say it can't manage it. While the messages are up it won't accept typing, so you find the last few sentences you've typed haven't been entered. Otherwise it works excellently and the interface is very good indeed, with really useful threading arrangement and of course spotlight. address self completion is very good too.
Thunderbird was pretty good as well. I've gone off Eudora somewhat after having a nightmare transferring mail from windows eudora over to the Mac, apparently its famous for making transfers difficult.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Another vote for mail from my end - I've tried eudora & Quickmail3 and plain old mail is the best of the lot.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I absolutely adore Mac Mail! IMO nothing even comes close

OP
E

Ex_PC_Puke

I love Apples standard mail application - beats Outlook all to **** - really like the bounce feature to reject spam email

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Another vote for Mail. It's even better in Tiger. IMAP works great and one of it's strong points. I have used so many other mail clients on both PC and Mac that did not properly support IMAP. I have never had problem one with Mail. I have never been a fan of either Outlook or Entourage. Seemed to complicated and slow for me. I was a BIG fan of Eudora on both OS 6-9 and on the PC. For some reason they have not done quite as good of a job on the OSX version. Thunderbird is a very good email client but Mail does everything I need an Email client to do and is so integraged with OSX I will continue to use it.

Opps! Did not notice the date of the last post. Oh well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookAir iPhone6
mail

hey

mac mail is the best without a shadow of
doubt - it just works, thats all it does.

regards

OP
U

UncSki1218

nother for mail. simple. clean. called mail becaus ehttas what it does. no fancy features to get in the way. better then everything out their for basic mail needs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.