some dissapointment.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2Gb 20" old school one, looking to invest in a new one.
MBP looked legit when i opened it, but 2 things wrong,
1) was a pink pixel that's really getting on my nerves
2) they're was a tiny little dint in the casing that wasn't caused by me.
im taking it back as it's in 14 days covered and has a 2 year warantee.
but basically will the give me a new one or transfer my data from this one to a new one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac. Intel Quad Core. 16 GB Ram.
They should give you a new one as it is well within it;s warranty period.

If your Data is sensitive I would back it up and delete it from the HDD then restore it when you get your new machine. If the data is not sensitive I think they will be happy to copy it over for you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac, 3.06GHz duo, 4GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, NVIDIA 9400M| 8GB iPod Touch
If you bought it at the Apple store or from apple's website they'll probably give you a new one. You can transfer the data yourself with migration assistant or you can have it done at the apple store (for a price I think).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Well, when you buy an new Mac at the Apple Store, they will do a file transfer at no cost, or at least they used to. I'm not sure how that policy extends to a return.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Well, when you buy an new Mac at the Apple Store, they will do a file transfer at no cost, or at least they used to. I'm not sure how that policy extends to a return.

14 days.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.