Should I Get Macbook Pro I7?

nlr

Reaction score
Hello I am new to this community and new to macs, I am thinking of buying a macbook pro 15" i7 but I read on alot of articles that it overheats and get major heat issues.. Is this True?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
nlr

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
It doesn't overheat. It gets hot. There is a difference. The chip is fine to operate, but any time you get a dual core chip at 3.06GHz in a small laptop enclosure, you'd better believe that thing will get hot. Over 100C if you run it at full capacity for long enough.

OP
N

nlr

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up, I got a few questions still if you don't mind answering:

Is there any viruses for the mac?

What is apple care and what does it actually cover?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
nlr

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlackBook 2 GHz 2GB RAM 120GB HDD
Viruses:

Mac Virus FAQs: Do You Really Need Mac Antivirus Software?

"2. Why are Macs less prone to infection?
Unlike Windows, Mac OS X applications don't share a common registry. Mac OS X applications use individual preference files, thus the types of global configuration changes which enable so much of Windows malware is simply not as feasible on a Mac. Further, on Mac OS X, the Web browser is not integrated into the operating system - it's a completely separate/independent application. This isolates the browser - a common infection point for Windows users - and helps insulate the Mac OS from external attack. Root access is needed in order for malware to interact with other programs (i.e. steal passwords, intercept transmissions, etc.) By default, root access on a Mac is not enabled.

3. Are there any real Mac viruses out there?
Some try to answer this question literally, based on the strict definition of 'virus' - i.e. malicious software that infects other files. But the term 'virus' is used much more loosely these days and in that context refers to malicious software in general (or what the industry terms 'malware'). The answer also depends on the version of the Mac operating system (OS) in question. While Windows tends to be essentially the same "under the hood", the various flavors of the Macintosh OS vary widely. Thus the answer to the question is Yes, there are real Mac viruses out there. But whether you are vulnerable or not depends on the OS. As for malware in general, it's an even stronger Yes."

OP
N

nlr

Reaction score
Thanks, Can someone help me get started with apps I may need?

and will this perform well on cs5 and games?

Does anyone know if big titles will get released on mac since steam is available?

regards,
nlr

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
CS5 will run amazingly...

I run CS5 and Steam on a older MBP just fine.
There aren't any larger titles in steam just yet, but they are coming.

The i7 MBP is probably one of the best notebooks apple has release, in regards to gaming. (actually in regards to everything else as well, lol)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 GHz Dual Core 3GB Ram 320GB Hard Drive 10.6.2 :: Ipod Touch 8 GB :: Beastly Gaming PC
All of valves titles (All Half-life series, L4D2, TF2, Portal(already released))will be released eventually, and others will follow. If you plan to be more than a casual gamer, I would suggest an external monitor.

Oh and I'm 99% sure that half life will be the big wednesday release tomorrow.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.