deleting Bootbamp partition and VMware fusion

Reaction score
Hi guys,
After trying to run windows through bootcamp and through fusion I have totally given up. Was wondering what the best way to delete the partition and fusion along with the vista operating system was. I used Time Machine to back up my computer before this fiasco. Would it be better to just reformat everything using the Mac Os X disc and then restore via time machine or just delete bootcamp and fusion manually? Or would it make any difference at all? Not sure if deleting manually would take all the junk off and make operating speed back to what it was before. Help appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Use disk utility to reformat the partition, that will get rid of everything on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
not reformat the partition, remove :) reformat just cleans out the partitions. To remove a partition with Disk Utility, you just click the minus sign below the visual representation.

However, you can just run the Boot Camp utility from Mac OS and it provides an option to remove the partition, doesn't it?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To the OP:

Take scathe's advice and use the Boot Camp assistant from OS X to remove the partition and restore the space. Using Disk Utility to mess with partitions may wind up getting you into trouble leading to a complete reinstall of OS X.

Also, if you were having difficulties installing Windows, why not ask here? Perhaps someone could assist you in getting it installed.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.