Bought a new MPB yesterday - won't update?

Reaction score
Hey,
I bought a brand new 15" macbook pro yesterday, the latest model.
I did the usual things, installed firefox, open office e.t.c. but when I went to software update, it wouldn't work? It found 10 updates, I tried lots of times, sometimes it doesn't even finish downloading, sometimes it finishes downloading but then won't install. I just keep getting error messages saying it did not download properly, it did not install properly..
I tried downloading and installing all of them and I tried downloading and installing them one by one, but I get the same messages every time.
Does anybody have an idea why?
Thanks.

OP
M
Reaction score
Sat on the phone with apple support for an hour and got it fixed :) had to verify and repair some disk permissions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
Sat on the phone with apple support for an hour and got it fixed :) had to verify and repair some disk permissions.

There you go, i was going to recommend calling Apple, since it's a brand new computer... there is phone support.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.