No more Wifi connections

Reaction score
My wife and I just sold our house and most of our
Your Mac's Specs
I have 2 - 1 is an iMac 24 and the other is a Macbook Pro 17 inch
I bought a brand new MacBook Pro 17” and was over the moon happy with it and it proved to be a fantastic addition to the new iMac we also have in the house.
My wife and I do a lot of travelling in our RV (recreational vehicle) for business and stay in various RV resorts when we are in certain cities for extended periods and rely on WiFi to connect to the internet.
Everything was working perfectly and both the iMac and MacBook Pro were always able to connect to the internet without any difficulties until one day the MacBook Pro would no longer connect to the local WiFi, and had “no bars” even though the iMac was able to connect and had “full bars”.
Thinking that there must be a problem with the MacBook Pro I took it to a registered Apple dealer and he was able to connect to his local WiFi instantly and had full bars. He could find no problems at all.
I returned back to the RV resort and sure enough the MacBook Pro could not connect to the WiFi and had “no bars” while just as before the iMac connected perfectly with full bars.
I even took the MacBook Pro outside and walked around the resort area and it didn’t make one bit of difference.
Could someone please help me with this “interesting” problem?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to appropriate forum.

You didn't give us much to go on... Are you using a router? A wifi dongle? In other words, how are you receiving the wifi signal while in the travel trailer?

And, what changes if any, did you recently make to the MBP? Any updates? New applications? Post back details.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
And before posting back have a look in System Preferences/Network and tell us what is showing there under Airport selection;

Click for full size

OP
C
Reaction score
My wife and I just sold our house and most of our
Your Mac's Specs
I have 2 - 1 is an iMac 24 and the other is a Macbook Pro 17 inch
I am not very computer literate so all I can say is that I turn on the MacBook Pro and then turn the Airport on and I usually get some bars and it asks me what network I want to join and so I type in the one that the RV resort gave me plus their password and within a second or two I am on the Internet.
I have done absolutely nothing different from the days that it did connect to the day that it stopped, which is what puzzled me and also the fellow I talked with at the Apple Authorized dealer.
Why I get full bars one day and then zero the next is the biggest puzzle.
When I take it to the Apple store it once again gets full bars - brig it back to my Rv and zero here BUT my iMac keeps getting full Internet connection.

Reaction score
I'm and Rv'r too!

Hey there,

I am an Rv'r too, and I often have a ton of problems with WiFi connection when on campgrounds with my Mac laptop. I finally gave up, and decided to try a wireless booster device to give me more connection. I found this product online called the Wi-Fire, and it was amazing. The thing made my internet so much faster and I got more connection in way more places. If there's a wifi connection around, the Wi-Fire's gonna pick it up. Maybe you should try that? I bought it on the company's website: hField Technologies, Inc.. You can also find it on Amazon. I hope this helps!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.