retrieving history

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Chris and I'm new to this forum. I'm not a "newbie" as I've had my Mac for 3 and a half years....and it is true that once you go Mac you will never go back!!

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out. I guess I must have my "history" set to one month. Unfortunately I need to retrieve something a little further back.

I have a very expensive set of Jaybird headphones and I sent the (broken) charger back via USPS with receipt confirmation. I looked it up and saw that it was received and I guess tossed or lost the little slip. Jaybird is now denying that they received it. I'm thinking that if I can get to that history I may be saved.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help on this one.

P.S. Jaybird......loved them when they work....worst company ever!!!!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There's no way to retrieve that history. It long been overwritten, probably several times. I know it's too late, but when you return an item always use UPS or FedEx rather than USPS. Both UPS and FedEx keep records of receipt and name of recipient which are available on line.

The only thing I can suggest is to see if you can get a copy of the receipt elsewhere. Unless you mailed it via Certified Mail return receipt requested or insured the item, the postal service will have no record of who the person was that received it.

Regards.

C

chas_m

Um, not necessarily. Are you using Time Machine? If so, and if it goes back that far (two big IFs), then you might be able to retrieve the history file from before the day you deleted the relevant entry.

Otherwise, chscag is right. You'd need to check with USPS to see what their records show, they should be able to retrieve that data for you.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks,

I will ask at the Post Office, but as I lost my receipt and can only guess at a date it is doubtful.

The sad thing is that this is over a $12 charger, without which my $200 bluetooth earphones don't work. I sent it back as an RMA because when I went to the website to just purchase one I found that they were no longer selling the chargers...even though they were still selling the headphones!! I had only had the product 10 months and realized it was still under warranty so tried to get one that way.

I know this is more info than necessary but rather than waste my time trying to get Jaybird to support their products, I will now put the effort in to make sure everyone on the planet is aware of their lousy customer service!!!!

Thanks for the replies!!

Chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.