Can't install SL - missing files?

Reaction score
Hay!=)
In my Macbook from the summer of 2008, my HD got broken, so I had to buy a new one. I replaced it with a WD Scorpio 320GB, and I thought that should be it. Just install and live my normal life. Well, beep - I was wrong :(

Starting the installation goes perfectly well, but like after 10% it stops, and says it cant complete the installation because I am missing some support files? What files do they mean?

Do I need to use my Leopard CDs? I thought my Snow Leopard CD would do the job quite good :S Or is my Macbook totally screwed?

Thanks for any help! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Any chance your SL is simply an upgrade disc?

Did you partition the drive, even if only one single partition, and select GUID under Option in Partition > Disk Utility?

Keep us posted.

OP
A
Reaction score
Thank you! =)

Maybe its an update-cd, I really don't know. But I have used it before when formatting.

I had to erase the disk for Mac OS Extended before I could go on with the installation. I do not remember choosing any GUID :S

PS. English is not my best language.. Just as you know :p

OP
A
Reaction score
Well, hehe.. Problem solved..!

After hours and hours of trying and failing, I decided to test another cd. I should have done this in the first place!
It work'd, fml:Shouting:

Anyway, its great to have my Mac back again! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.