Interfacing a Macbook with a Midi Foot Controller...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1 Gig Processor, 2 MB Ram, 160 HD, 120 Ext HD
Que Pasta....

Equipment....
Macbook 2.4 OSX 10.5.8
Behringer FCB 1010 Midi Foot Board

Software...
Ripwerx.FCBeditor.FCBapp

All righta...
Anyone who has an FCB 1010 knows there is a 'Riverdance' effort to program this thing without some kind of editor assistance. Until recently, I only knew of one editor that wabbitwanch sold, until I found Ripwerx.

My question is, if I purchase a USB/midi cable such as an EMU Xmidi 1x1, so I can link the foot board to the mac via USB, will that allow me to use the editor to program the foot board so I don't have to tapdance myself into insanity anymore?

Thanks in advance for any feed back.

And any other info that you think may be related to programming the board that can be useful would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Quad 2.5Ghz, 10 GB RAM, 2 TB internal, 4 TB external RAID 0 array, dual 23" HD displays
this is interesting. what are you planning on doing with the foot board? do you have any other midi hardware? what, if any, DAW are you using (logic, reason, cubase, etc.)? from my experience, midi to usb cables are unreliable. do you have any $$ to spend on some interfacing hardware? eager to hear your response, i will be able to help more with more info.

OP
HigherThanAMile
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1 Gig Processor, 2 MB Ram, 160 HD, 120 Ext HD
this is interesting. what are you planning on doing with the foot board? do you have any other midi hardware? what, if any, DAW are you using (logic, reason, cubase, etc.)? from my experience, midi to usb cables are unreliable. do you have any $$ to spend on some interfacing hardware? eager to hear your response, i will be able to help more with more info.

Thank you for your response. Sorry for the delay on my end.

I simply want to program the foot board via an editor with my Mac, as you are able to do with a pc. So I was wondering if the USB/MIDI cable would allow me to connect the board midi in/out so I could program the board with the MAC, instead of programming each bank on the FCB 1010 with the 'riverdance'.

The board will be used primarily for controlling my amp and dsp built in to it, though I am now curious about using the board to control a virtual guitar amp via the MAC. Is that what you are asking me? Because I am interested.

Thanks in advance.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.