Ultralingua dictionaries won't open after update

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz
I have the Ultralingua iPhone dictionaries for Spanish and Portuguese, and both got an update when I ran iTunes last night. Today neither app will open, they start to and then crash.

Anyone else having this issue? A quick Google search didn't turn up anything.

I have a 3G. I hope I am not going to be without them until I upgrade. :Angry-Tongue:

OP
tiger roach
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz
Well, in case anyone else runs into this, the solution is to delete from phone and iTunes, re-download, and re-install.

Reaction score
Did you have to buy the program again?

I've had the same problem after downloading the latest update. I'm worried that if I delete the program from my iPhone and iTunes that I'll have to buy it again to re-install?

Any further advice on how you fixed the problem?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Fix for latest Ultralingua update

Hi AFSchultz and tiger roach,

I'm sorry you've run into this bug. We submitted an update that fixes the issue on Thursday (5/20) and you'll get it as soon as it makes it through Apple's review process.

In the meantime, follow the instructions here Troubleshooting applications purchased from the App Store to "Reinstall the application" (3rd option in the list) to fix the issue.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies for this bug. We've adjusted our testing process to make sure nothing like this happens again. You'll have the update soon, but don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Ashleigh Lincoln
lincoln (at) ultralingua (dot) com
Ultralingua, Inc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.