Buying MBP over Amazon or in Apple's Retail store

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new at this forum. I'm from Europe and going to Washington DC in June on a business trip and decided to buy MacBook Pro 13'' coz the prices are significantly lower than the ones in the EU. Should

I order the MBP over the Internet (Amzon) coz it seems cheaper? I'll be staying over in a hotel so is it possible to have your orders shipped over there?

The closest Apple retail store is in Pentagon City. The store seems pretty big but should I call and reserve my MBP or they'll have it for sure? The price is the same as the one at Welcome to the Apple Store - Apple Store (U.S.) plus taxes?

I'm pretty confused about the whole process and since I couldn't find an e-mail from the store in Pentagon, I'm asking you a bit bizarre questions.

I appreciate any adivce you might have.
Thank you in advance! :)

- Lucie

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hi, and welcome to the Mac Forums!

Since you're going to Wash DC it would probably be better to make your purchase in person at the Apple store. That will give you a chance to look over what they have in stock and an opportunity to actually try out the machine you wish to purchase. Since you're looking to buy a notebook rather than a desktop, you could hand carry it back to your hotel.

I would not have anything shipped to a hotel. The carriers are reliable, but can you trust the personnel at the hotel? Better to buy in person.

Regards.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you, you are right. It's not worth risking 1200$ for extra 50$ although it's a 4 star hotel.

Furthermore, should I call the store and ask them whether they'll have the basic 13'' MBP or it's for sure taking into consideration it's a pretty big store?

Do you know what's the price of the laptop in Virginia with their tax?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.