Hlf screen went black

Reaction score
Hello,

today the half of the screen went black with no reason it didn't fall down it was working then suddenly the half of the screen went black i tried to restore it but no luck. However the half black is resonsive when I swipe my finger it move and I can type my password.

I appreciate your help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I assume you're referring to an iPad? Since it's new and under warranty, take it back to where you purchased it and have them look at it. Also, when you post you need to be more descriptive so that someone can try to help you rather than figure out what you mean. Thanks.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13-inch, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel Core i7 Processor
Simply take it to your nearest Apple Store (which isn't so simple if you don't live close to one) and have them give you a brand new iPad. Thanks!

OP
E
Reaction score
I assume you're referring to an iPad? Since it's new and under warranty, take it back to where you purchased it and have them look at it. Also, when you post you need to be more descriptive so that someone can try to help you rather than figure out what you mean. Thanks.

Regards.

Thank you for the answer, chsag my post was in the iPad hardware section and that's the reason I didn't specify that I'm talking about an iPad the problem that this device is that I bought it second hand and I'm living in a country where the iPad is not launched yet (Middle East) and we don't have even and Apple store.

Can I send it to the US and let a friend bring it to an apple store to look at it or only the person who bought can bring it to them?

this is how the screen look
6e987be609.jpg

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you have a trustworthy friend in the US that will handle the repairs for you at an Apple store, that's OK. However, he needs the sales receipt since you bought it second hand. If the original owner registered it with Apple, that registration will have to be changed to you. The iPad is warranted for one year but can be extended through Apple care.

A problem you may run into by sending it to the US to be repaired is customs and fees. Be sure you state on the tag that it's being returned for repairs.

It does look like either the display is defective or the video processor.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.