Will the Magic Mouse work with a PC?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Getting a Macbook Pro i7 in June. I also own an iPhone 3GS.
I'm getting a MBP next month, but I want to go ahead and buy my magic mouse early if it will work with my wife's laptop. She has a Dell XPS M1530. Will the mouse work with her computer? Oh and what about the wireless keyboard?

OP
HonestIllusion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just got back from buying a Magic Mouse. It works on my wife's laptop after using the hacked drives that are floating around. No problems at all, slides like butter on our kitchen table, and the scroll gesture is amazing.

OP
HonestIllusion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Something strange I noticed... when scrolling, it seems to lag a split second before it registers and starts scrolling. Maybe it's all in my head, but it seems to only do it when scrolling down... when scrolling up, it seems instant. Anyone heard of this?

OP
HonestIllusion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well I guess not many people visit this section of the forum.

Anyway, I ended up putting the mouse back in it's case and I'll just wait till I get my MBP to use it. The scroll lags on my wife's Dell and the touch gestures don't work. Too bad because the mouse is awesome otherwise.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.