need help-buying MBP today

Reaction score
I am planning on purchasing a MBP today. I will be replacing a 2.5 year old 17 inch Dell laptop. I need any help or suggestions out there to help me make my decision:
I work from home and primarily use desktop for work- but need to be able to use Laptop for work when travelling. I will be running Windows on the new MBP- but only to run one PC specific program-only on as needed basis. The requirements for this program is 32MB Ram & 20MB hard disk storage...furthermore, I use adobe extended pro- but refuse to buy it again- and only use to extract and insert pages in documents- so I think I can get away with using something else... I am wanting the 13 inch MBP for size- this 17 inch is like toting a coffee table around- and the price is also right for the 13 inch. I primarily use laptop for internet searching- both for work and fun. I do not store anything other than my pictures from digital camera- and am not gamer other than a few silly apps on facebook...I was wondering if any add-ons from the base 13 inch MBP are recommended? I am sort of clueless- and really would appreciate any advise.
thank you

Reaction score
The 13" macbookrpo will be fine for your needs.

The extra speed in the chip on the upgraded 13" model is not worth the money they are charging for it in my opinion, so I think the base model is a better value for the money. I do think its worth spending an extra $50 and getting the next size larger hard drive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13.3", Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.4GHz, 4GB DDR3 SDRAM, HD 250GB - iPod Touch 64GB
Hey,

I just purchased the new (upgraded) 13" MBP. It operates very smooth and is great for mobility. So my suggestion to you is, if you like the price of the new 13" MBP, go for it. From my point of view you will not be disappointed. The only software I have added is MS Office 2008 for Mac.

Bluevision-

OP
Q
Reaction score
thank you both for your replies- I did end up buying the 13 inch MBP, the magic mouse (i am stuck in my ways and mouse dependent)...iwork- and will see how that goes- now i have to get windows!? grrr...i don't want to spend the money on Windows 7- and Vista is what is on my Dell- but XP on desktops- hoping to find something cheap somewhere...it always amazes me how quickly it all adds up...i have yet to even open the box of my new toy- but looking forward to it once i get some sleep...

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Congrats on your purchase. Too bad you have to taint it with Windows >_>" J/K.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
thank you both for your replies- I did end up buying the 13 inch MBP, the magic mouse (i am stuck in my ways and mouse dependent)...iwork- and will see how that goes- now i have to get windows!? grrr...i don't want to spend the money on Windows 7- and Vista is what is on my Dell- but XP on desktops- hoping to find something cheap somewhere...it always amazes me how quickly it all adds up...i have yet to even open the box of my new toy- but looking forward to it once i get some sleep...

100.00 for Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium - For system builder OEM

64bit: Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - Operating Systems
32bit: Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - Operating Systems

PS: Congratulations, the base 13" sounds to be perfect for you!
13-inch: 2.4GHz
4GB Memory
250GB hard drive1
SD card slot
Built-in battery (10 hours)
NVIDIA GeForce 320M graphics

Reaction score
try using the MBP without the magic mouse. i think you will really appreciate the trackpad after a short while. it's leaps and bounds better than any other touch pad you've used. congrats on the purchase. :D

Reaction score
try using the MBP without the magic mouse. i think you will really appreciate the trackpad after a short while. it's leaps and bounds better than any other touch pad you've used. congrats on the purchase. :D

+1 i wasn't very sure with only using a trackpad but i have come to love it. All the shortcuts are extremely convienant

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.