• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

World Cup 2010

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 13inch 2.4 ghz 4 mg ram
Curious if anyone on here is going to watch the games and who you are pulling for. Me i gotta pull for my Germans like always but with Ballack out Im kinda skeptic.

Reaction score
I would have supported my homecountry, but we lost miserably to greeks in playoffs...

I will be drinking my beers for England to win then, it has been a while since they held the cup.

OP
kiken
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro 13inch 2.4 ghz 4 mg ram
well at least yer not cheering on the cheating French right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 Gigs of ram
june 12th, USA versus England. Should be a great match-up for both teams to see where they stand. GO 'Merica!!!!!

Reaction score
I am pulling for the USA of course, I hope they can stand against Italy and France.

Reaction score
Our country does not play for FIFA, so Netherlands. I hope they can make it to finals O:)

Reaction score
The three teams to watch are always Germany, Italy, and Brazil. I cheer for Italy because I like their colors. :) I think the team to keep an eye on this World Cup is France.

Reaction score
I am rooting for England and we should be ok as long as penalties are not involved! But Spain look like the best team in world football at the moment

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1
Australia!!!!! We would have beaten Italy last world cup to make the quater finals if Fabio Grosso for Italy didn't take a dive and cheat. They got a penalty in the last minute and won. Everyone knew we played better the whole game. So hopefully we can beat Germany, Ghana, and Serbia in the group stages.

For those interested, watch the dive that put Australia out of the World Cup in 2006:

YouTube - Australia - Italy Penalty

Tell me what you think about the dive. No way it should have been a penalty. It looks like he listened at training!

-Ben

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP i5 4GB DDR3, 500GB HDD 7200 + iPhone 4 32GB iOS4.1
Pffftt. The whole World Cup knows Italy are cheaters! Take a look at the video I posted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
:Shouting:italia italia! viva Italia.:Shouting:
It was your Italians who kicked us out of the cup in 2006 in very dodgy circumstances. (Yes that dive video Aussies Vs Italy is exactly what I'm talking about). It's not Italy's fault. They did the tactics they were told to do in training. Really suspect ones I'll admit. But it's the ref who was the idiot tho paid it as a penalty. it was not a penalty at all. Anyways that's all in the past now.

So this time round:

Aussie Aussie Aussie
Oi! Oi! Oi!

We will do better I think we've got what it takes :)

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Outside cheering the team USA, I usually cheer on english speaking country teams.

I always cheer for the Germans; they are always strong competitors and play a good game. And I love watching the Brazilians play, cause they are so feisty and offensive in gameplay, they are addictive to watch, but I still like seeing them get beat. :p

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
<--- I think that answers the question. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Not sure yet ....
Since Belgium has not qualified, everybody in Belgium is supporting the Dutch team.
Everybody except me that is .... I say Brazil or Spain

Cheers ... McBie

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Reaction score
Since I'm Portuguese it's obvious who I'll be rooting for. On top of that I'm from Madeira Island were Cristiano Ronaldo was born. Personally I think that Brazil, Spain, England and Argentina are the best teams, followed by Germany, Holland, Italy and Portugal. I hope France gets their asses kicked for having cheated on Ireland.
But as we know there is allways a surprise team or two in every World Cup and that would also be an interesting question.

Who do you think is going to be the surprise team in WC 2010?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
As a Nebraska redneck I have to ask , what is this World Cup of which you speak ? :eek:

Clay

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.