.ipa as backup of newer app

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
okay, i think i know how to create a .ipa (it's not much more than a renamed .zip) so i copied a certain .ipa, renamed the file in the Payload folder and re-created the .ipa but it still wants to overwrite the original.. did it one time with a .plist in the .ipa, one time without... did not make a difference, so am i SOL and is the name INSIDE the file itself ?

i want to do this in order to keep a copy of the previous version of the app and potentially run 'em both on my iPhone :}

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
iPhone apps are digitally signed. By changing things like that, you're invalidating the signature and they won't run.

OP
roeiboot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
iPhone apps are digitally signed. By changing things like that, you're invalidating the signature and they won't run.

gotcha.. well, i have the original .ipa on another pc so i can always put that back if need be... thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.