MBP - Green Horizontal Lines at certain resolutions on External Monitor in XP/OSX

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been using an 24" Acer monitor with my MBP for a while now and just today it suddenly booted into windows with green horizontal lines flickering all over the screen.

Strangeness:
1. I booted into OSX from Windows, same problem.
2. Changed res from 1920x1080 to 1680x1050 green lines went away, and when I went back to 1080 they reappeared.
3. I booted into Windows, same issue but only the 1600x1200 res (streched) works without green lines.
4. Same symptoms with laptop lid open or closed.
5. Started Eve online (running at 1080) from Windows (while running at 1600x1200) and green lines appeared in the game.
6. Laptop LCD works as normal in all cases where lid is opened and screen is active (dual monitor, mirroring, etc).
7. Restarting has no effect.

The only thing that I did that might have affected it was removing the DVI cable from the laptop while it was sleeping. Im running the 8600M GT.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers, B.

OP
B
Reaction score
Fixed

Strangly a simple solution sufficied.

Steps.
1. Plugged into my 40" LCD.. worked fine... so its the monitor.
2. While the power BUTTON on/off had no effect, I pulled the cord out of the back of the monitor and reinserted. Fixed in OSX/WIN on all resolutions.

Very Strange.

B

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.