Mail question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D
An interesting mail question-
I can't use my school's outgoing smtp server when im at home, so i setup my isp email (which my dad uses, he was kind enough to give me his password). my dilemma is this; i dont want to get his email. but i have to have the account setup in order to use the outgoing server. is there anyway to delete the inbox to that account, or disable something so that i will not get his email? thanks!

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I forget where it is right now, since I am not in from of my powerbook. There should be an option where you can turn of the account, so that you do not receive mail. You should then have a choice of which mail servers to use.

I think if you select the account and then select the tab on the right you should find the option.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
go to menu item Mailbox select Online Status select Take "xxxxxxxxx" Offline

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
my response assumes that you are using Apple's "Mail" application

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D 24" and MB C2D
thanks guys; the advanced tab is where i found the solution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.