iLife gone after upgrading to Leopard

Reaction score
Well, as the subject line says, I upgraded to Leopard and all of the iLife programs that came with Tiger when I bought my iMac are now gone. I cannot find the grey disc that came with the computer (worst Mac user ever, I know).

I have my husband's iMac and my iBook G4 that both have iPhoto on them. Is it possible to hook another computer up as a transfer drive and just drag a copy of the program into my iMac's Applications folder? Or put iPhoto on a thumb drive and copy/paste from there? Will the application work, or will it wag its finger at me and tell me I'm trying to do bad things?

Does anybody have any help for me? Please? :Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB061LL/B & iPhone4
i don't think drag and drop would work... or does it if you have a family pack of the software ? just getting back in the Mac "game/world".. i lost it as well when i re-installed Mac OS X --but never had the cd's to begin with.

sorry not to be of much help..

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Did you a Upgrade or a Erase and Install? Upgrade has never deleted any software that I have seen.

What model Mac is this you installed Leopard on? Intel? Power PC?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.