Building Software

Reaction score
What can I use to help me with designing a house and a garage? I am just looking for something inexpensive and simple that will run on my Mac.

Thanks for any help.

Don

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I actually have the Punch Software (Architect Series) for Windows on my Dell desktop. I recommend having at least 4GB of RAM and a decent processor if you want to use any sort of CAD software. My Dell only has 1GB RAM and it takes forever to do anything. I've gotten to the point where I don't even play with it anymore. ...and that's with a 3.0ghz processor.

OP
N
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with either Sketchup or the Punch, which is simpler to learn to use?

I have an imac, 1GB RAM 800 Mhz DDR2, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.

Thanks for the replies.

Don

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Never used Punch before. I just started using google sketchup for doing 3D renderings and it's a lot easier than I thought it would be. I've only used it maybe 3 times but it's pretty intuitive. Took me maybe an hour of playing around with it to get it to do what I wanted but that's how learning new software is always like.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.