• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Are Google going too far?

Reaction score
Who are you kidding?? I agree the Nexus is expensive, But as for features and shear hardware it blows the iPhone away, Larger screen (Yes size matters) faster microprocessor,higher res camera,wireless tethering,open source OS, The Android market has the same redundant Fart and flash light apps as the Apple AppStore.

You pwn me :Angry-Tongue: Unfair!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Android tablets aren't a google invention. They're a natural successor to Android smart phones. Get over it.

I think the main reason the iPad and soon to come Android tablets can and will be very successful is that they are a touch based OS. I think a lot of people forget PC manufacturers have been making tablets for years with windows OS,None of them have ever taken off. Google brings something to the table I use both Google & Apple products everyday.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
I'm all for healthy and aggressive marketplace competition. Kudos to that. I'm not a big Google fan, and am less enamored with Apple each week lately it seems. Still, both are very ambitious companies that put out genuinely decent products from time to time. Seeing them try to raise the bar and deliver good content is a positive thing. I just hope we all remain vigilant and don't let things get to crazy ie: turning everything over to either or both companies is a little too 1984for my liking. I certainly don't like techno-freaks canvasing neighborhoods with video cameras and WiFi sniffers collecting data on me or anyone else. It will be interesting to see if they eventually say "OK, we have all our photos, we're done." or if the bi-yearly Google surveillance van drive by becomes just another normal and accepted part of life... Much like the H-Bomb, it's hard to put the toothpaste back in the tube after you let it out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.