radio noise coming through airport express...

S

slick

i bougth the airport express because it was the all in one device i was looking for. wireless internet connection between my powerbook and pc work fine. wireless printing works great also between the two. but the audio is suffering. the streaming is fine, but there is radio noise coming through the and out my speakers. its annoying as ****, because you can hear the radio clear when soft music is played. if i play rock, the radio is drowned out, but its still there.
i have the AX connected to my reciever with a monster mini to rca that i had lying around.
would a mini to toslink cable eliminate this issue? or is this how its going to be? i really want this to work because so far, i am very impressed with the AX and its exactly what i was looking for.
any help would be appreciated.

OP
T

Tel

It may sound stupid but try plugging it in somewhere else, sometimes physical location can help. My guitar amp used to pick up radio signals, I asked around on some forums and apparantly its quite common, they just told me to move it around till its all clear.
Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
maybe if you try to change the channel to a different ghz?

OP
S

slick

should i move the entire AX or re route the cable going to the reciever? i'll try moving the entire thing.

how do i change the channel?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
you change it in the airport admin utility in the section marked channel. I provided a screen shot.
Edit: I know guys that wireless security is not enabled on that router, but currently It is not in use, just bought the thing, lol, When I add it to my network to extend the current extreme I have it will have wireless security ;)

Picture 2.jpg

OP
S

slick

i tried changing the channel, tried all 12, its the same. i moved the AX, there was only one other place i could move it (if i moved it further, the cables wouldnt reach it).
i dont get why the radio noise is so strong in it. i'm thinking about picking up a roku soundbridge, see if that does the same thing, or maybe pick up another AX, maybe mine is defective.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.