Outline around fields and controls

L

LeoA

My infant grandson was playing with my keyboard the other day and must have hit a key combination that causes the field or control that has focus in a window to become "boxed" with a black outline. Can anybody tell me how to get rid this outline around the field or control? :confused:

Thanks.

OP
M

menace3054

that happened to me too, go to system, preferences, universal access (under system) then turn voice over off..

OP
T

Tel

menace3054 said:
that happened to me too, go to system, preferences, universal access (under system) then turn voice over off..

I'll give you rep for having a cool avatar :)

OP
L

LeoA

menace3054 said:
Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a shot when I get home a little later.

In the meantime, can you answer two more questions for me, please?

1) Do you know what sequence of keys turned this on (so that I can tell my 6 month old grandson not to hit those keys again when he's playing with my computer :) ?

2) How is the outline of the fields or controls related to the voice over feature?

As you can tell, I'm new at this whole Mac stuff. :)

Thanks.

OP
M

menace3054

it is command (the apple key)f5, i dont know why the outlining comes out, it took me a while to figure out what was going on..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I suppose it displays whatever tool or item that the voiceover feature is currently describing...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.