Help with External Monitor

Reaction score
Hey guys!
well i just received my HDMI to MD port cable in the mail and was stoked to start using 2 screens. I Have a 2009 unibody MBP 15.4 inch. Its got the 2.88 ghz processor, 4gb DDR3, and the two graphics cards. I am pluggin it into my 32" Dynex HDTV
So what happens is this:
I plug it into my computer, turn on the Tv, then it will work for about a minute or so. Both screens will then go Blue (not BSOD blue, but like mac blue i guess lol), then it goes back to normal, but only for a couple of seconds. It does this for a while, just going blue then redetecting or whatever. Then after it does that for a while, the monitor just goes to static, and stays there, with the occasional black screen flash.
I tried switching the video card to the higher powered one, and it still did it.

I am trying to figure out why it is doing this? it should have no problem just doing basic web browsing and stuff on the screen. Could it be the cable? i got it off monoprice.com, they are gold plated. and i am not using a converter, just a MD to a HDMI cord. Any help is really really appreciated, i would love to get this working ASAP

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.