Sorting TV Shows By Episode Number?

Reaction score
I just got my iPad Monday and I synced a whole season of DVD rips of House (using Handbrake) and I tagged them up all nice and pretty using MetaX. Using the Video app, it organizes it nicely by season, however when I select the season it sorts them by title rather than by episode number, episode ID or even air date. So they are out of sequence. While that may be trivial for some, lol, I like me some order. :D

So, aside from retagging them and appending the episode number in the title, is there a quicker fix? I looked for a way to change the sorting but was unsuccesful.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Oh yeah. So far, totally loving the iPad. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
edited: changed my mind

OP
gameniac85
Reaction score
@clayneal

Thanks for letting me know about the rule. I will refrain from discussing such things in the future. I do apologize for my error.

I have fixed the problem. Instead of changing the Name tag, I changed the Sort Name tag so that it had the episode number in front of the title. This correctly sorted the videos, while still displaying the title as normal. I am really curious if there is a way to change the way it sorts though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.