Problems charging my iPod Touch

Reaction score
I have an iPod Touch that I got back in April. Today I went to plug it into my computer and nothing happened. It didn't automatically start charging/syncing and iTunes didn't open. It hasn't done this before until now. I plugged it into the wall outlet with the AC adapter and it charged fine. I tried another USB cable from my old first gen iTouch and still nothing. I plugged in my iPod onto my roommate's windows laptop and it charged fine. Could it be something with my MacBook Pro's USB? I don't think so because my camera and flashdrives work fine with my USB drive on my MacBook. Any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like the Touch may have exceeded the current rating for the USB port you plugged it into and the port was turned off by the system. I've had that same thing happen to me with my iPod.

The camera and flash drive probably do not draw as much current as the Touch especially when its battery is low and charging. Try another port on your MBP. Also check in Disk Utility to see if the iPod is being seen at all by the system when that happens.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.